Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I've been running all my life. The older I grow the more often I become winded. And as if a rubber-band were attached to my life, it comes back and hits me in the ass. About the time I land flat on my back I realize I have no idea where I am. I've been going without actually participating. My mind always in the future. My memories are in what will happen, not what has. Where am I and how did I get here? And occasionally , who is the clown grunting like a slain ox on top of me?

Life will be worth living.

1 comment:

  1. This is a nice reflection on life. The line. "I've been going without actually participating", is my favorite because it resonates with me. For me life sometimes just becomes a blur. Everything is moving but nothing seems to register. I guess I can look back on a lot of my life and not really feel apart of it. Great line.

    I don't think you need to say slain in the last sentence. I think it sounds great with just a grunting ox.

    ReplyDelete